Thursday, May 5, 2011

Omaha tournament in Tallinn 4.5.11

Olympic Open Championship Omaha



Yesterday was the 165€ buyin omaha tournament, there was 22 players so first prize about 1000€


Levels were medium slow so I figured tournament will take about 5-6 hours.


In the beginning I went up from 7k to about 12k.


Then a funny thing happened, one Swedish guy ( out of 3 ) who were heavyly drinking at the bar put all 3 names on the cash game list for 2-2 holdem. I figured that the cash game has good value and started playing the tournament a bit more loosely, went down to 8k, then came a pot where I had 8 6 4 3 one suit. With some raising preflop there was about 1.5k in the pot. Then came the flop J 7 5 rainbow, I figured now is the time to double up or put my name on the cash waiting list.

We bet and raise allin with another player, he shows JJ A Q, so lottery time and of course for me blank blank and adios.

In the cash game the Swede who didnt understand the game at all of course won just about every pot and I lost about 600€.

Normal poker evening, so much for good value cash game.

Today main tournament.

Now Jukka goes for lunch.

No comments:

Post a Comment